Are you exhausted? We are. Between the long hours working from home during a pandemic, the mental load of worrying about the outcome of the election, and the lack of sleep that all of this has brought on, it’s no wonder that we’re tired and stressed.
Emotional exhaustion, as workplace well-being expert Mandy O’Neill explains, is one sign of burnout. She shares antidotes and ways to protect ourselves from experiencing it in the first place. Not having enough time for the people and things you care about can cause burnout. Happiness researcher Ashley Whillans gives us advice on how to find and protect that time.
- “Managing Burnout,” from Women at Work
- “5 Steps for Women to Combat Burnout,” by Ellen Keithline Byrne
- “How We Take Care of Ourselves,” from Women at Work
- “How to Help Your Team with Burnout When You’re Burned Out Yourself,” by Rebecca Knight
- “Time for Happiness,” by Ashley Whillans
A complete transcript of this episode will be available by November 16.